The Flower tent not only provides premium quality products and flowers, but also guidance and advice on how and where to plant your flowers. Taking care of flowers is important to show the true potential and beauty of the things you buy at The Flower Tent.
CONTAINER PLANTING PLANS
Planting Round Pots
- Fill container with potting soil making sure potting soil is one inch from top of pot.
- Plant tallest plant first. Add mounding plants followed by trailing plants working out to the edge of the pot
- Water well and fill any low spots with additional potting soil
Planting Window Boxes
- Fill container with potting soil making sure potting soil is one inch from the middle out to the front edge
- Plant from the middle of the container out to the ends and then from the middle out to the front edge
- Water will and fill any low spots with additional potting soil
REMEMBER… LESS IS MORE. FLOWERS WILL GROW AND FILL IN.
Water polymers or soil containing wetting agents are a good addition to your patio pot or window box. The polymer adsorbs water and releases it slowly into the soil while a wetting agent helps to distribute and adsorb water evenly. These additives are especially useful for pots in full sun as well as those pots that won’t be watered regularly. Also, use of a slow release fertilizer instead of a liquid fertilizer is recommended.
Color is one of the most important variables when selecting plants. For a subdued, subtle effect choose blues and greens. Choose reds, oranges and yellows for brightness. A monochromatic theme is achieved when plants of various shades of the same color are combined. For an intense and vibrant scheme combine complimentary colors which are opposite each other on the color wheel. An analogous planting scheme includes plants of 3, 4 or 5 adjacent colors.